Job Title: Sales - Account Manager
Reports To: Sales Manager
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full Time
STARK INTERNATIONAL is the industry leader in servicing and maintaining power transformers; and has experienced enormous growth over the last number of years.
If you are a team player, knowledgeable, and driven, Stark is the company to build your career. Due to our continued growth, we need your help.
NOTE: 80% Based in our New Glasgow Office and 20% travel to Ontario & Eastern Canada
The primary responsibility of the Sales Position based as 80% inside sales and 20% is outside, business to business sales, in a defined, target market or territory, where coverage and penetration of key accounts is required at a strategic level. This position is responsible for prospecting and developing new client relationships in line with Stark International’s strategic priorities, gross margin objectives, and defined sales process. Uncovers and develops additional sales opportunities within existing account relationships through proactive management of all possible key decision makers and influencers. You will be expected to be a strategic thinker and listener, while also preparing and delivering tactical proposals and presentations in a professional manner. Must be able to effectively position Stark International consistently articulating a strong value proposition to clients. A successful Strategic Account Manager will build on his/her entrepreneurial spirit and be expected to regularly meet or exceed sales targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics
- Calls on existing customers and new prospects
- Identifies and analyzes new markets and prepares the business case/recommendation for market penetration
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Fosters/enhances relationships with these clients and focuses on further market and product penetration and gross margin growth
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Prepares written proposal and delivers strategic sales presentations.
- Provides accurate and timely reports including forecasts and activities
- Acts as liaison between Stark International and assigned clients
- Diligently uses, maintains and updates customer information databases
- Stays informed of new developments in the Transformer Industry and customer’s industries.
- Actively and consistently builds and maintains a robust network of business contacts within the industry and assigned territory
- Promotes, sells, and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a Business-to-Business, relationship-based approach
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory or market segment to generate new business
- Makes telephone calls and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develops an annual territory plan and submits to VP, Business Development for approval
- Achieves approved territory sales revenue objectives and provides routine updates as requested
- Coordinates sales effort with the Inside Sales Representatives
- Coordinates with the Project Managers to develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keeps up-to-date on product applications, services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Participates in trade shows and conventions as requested
- Submits weekly call schedule and sales activity reports on time and consistent with the designated template
- Other duties as may be assigned by the VP, Business Development
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of outside sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years of strategic selling to C-level decision maker
- A verifiable Sales record of success in business to business sale
- Ability to earn and maintain trust and respect from customer
- Ability to sell a solution, not just a product
- Excellent customer service and listening skill
- Demonstrated use of strategic selling tools. Salesforce, Jigsaw, LinkedIn, Ladders (preferred)
- An active and verifiable network of business contact
- High energy, unquestionable integrity and an ambition to succeed; only bounded by the guiding principle of always doing the right thing for the client.
- Excellent skills in building and managing customer relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Proven experience in modern office procedures and computer equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate solid judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and priority management skills.
- Good knowledge of the sales process, including the creation of proposals and quotations.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
If you are interested in joining our growing team, please send resumes via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.